TreeMenu use-cases and praise

Explorer like navigation tree for websites
Navigationsbaum für Internet Auftritte.
meel_marcel

TreeMenu use-cases and praise

Post by meel_marcel »

Hi all,

I just want to thank Hans for making the script available and say that it works perfect!

It might be nice to start a topic describing use-cases and giving links to implementations of TreeMenu.

Unfortunately I cannot give a link to the TreeMenu implementation my collegue and I have done because it is on an intranet but I can tell how we use it and what our findings are.

We use TreeMenu in combination with the Mediasurface Content Management System (Mediasurface) for a very large utility company in The Netherlands. TreeMenu performs perfect with a lot of items in the tree and multiple menu's (9) on the same page. The number of items per menu is between 30 and 150 we generate the Javascript dynamically from the content in the CMS and cache it with OScache (OScache). There are aproximately 500 pageviews per day for the Sitemap alone and the performance is fine. The total number of pageviews is >50000.

So in short two thumbs up for TreeMenu. Integration with the CMS was easily acomplished as was adding different targets for content types that needed to be openened in a new window and the use of OSCache.

I would be nice to read from more of you how you have used TreeMap I think.

Kind Regards,
Marcel
Hans
Site Admin

Thanks

Post by Hans »

Hello Marcel,

thanks a lot for your tributes. It's very nice to hear TreeMenu beeing useful for you.

Your idea for providing use-cases is very nice, but i don't belief that there will be a lively usage for this. Although i had about 15000 downloads of TreeMenu until now, only about 3 or 4 users told me their url or described their use-case. They offered me these informations only for checking their syntax and verifying changes they made in the code.

So to everyone: Convince me of the opposite and write your statement or describe your use-case.

Thanks again
Hans
Your forum admin