long time to load menu

Explorer like navigation tree for websites
Navigationsbaum für Internet Auftritte.
moedasorg

long time to load menu

Post by moedasorg »

First of all, millions of thanks to Hans for sharing his great work with all of us.
( and free too :D )

I'm using Treemenu on my site for a while, but as my menu grows I'm noticing a big performance drop. I'd like to add more entrys to the actual >530 but, the time needed to load the page is becoming a problem. Right now I've toons of 'tree.add()' in my html and the time to process those is the problem. Is there any, more efficient way, to load the tree nodes?

http://moedasorg.planetaclix.pt/catalogo/catindex.htm
Hans
Site Admin

Speed measurement

Post by Hans »

Hi 'moedasorg',

thank you for using TreeMenu. Could you please try to detect the time TreeMenu needs to build up locally on your home-pc for your 530 nodes using different browsers? If you are not sure how to do this you may also send me your menu-file with your variables (e.g. your variable 'link_ultramar',...) replaced by the appropriate strings and i will check the build-time for you case.

To speed up TreeMenu i already optimized the way nodes are loaded into the tree as much as i could. So right now I'm not able to offer you an alternative input. But if you are sure to use no images for your nodes we might remove the appropriate lines in TreeMenu.

Usually a tree with 500 nodes should not need more than about 0.6sec. To reduce the build-up time you also might split your tree into different subtrees and - with some special js-coding - only load the active subtree with all nodes when this is required.

I hope for beeing able to help you
Hans Bauer
Your forum admin