Background Color

Explorer like navigation tree for websites
Navigationsbaum für Internet Auftritte.

Background Color

Post by Guest »

Hello again.

Have been using your code, and it's great.
However, my page keeps coming up with a Background color of like a Browny Color (The color you have used on your sites and examples)

Can you please tell me - where do I change this?
I have changed this everywhere in the .css files and .html files, but I must have missed something.

I just want a white background.
Could you please help me?

Thankyou.

Post by Guest »

Also one other problem I had was that when the Frame Loads up - it automatically redirects all my parent frames to your HELP page.
Hans
Site Admin

Multiple problems

Post by Hans »

Hello again?... you didn't say who you are.

To your first question concerning the background color: All colors and styles are defined in the *.css-files (Cascading style sheets for formatting) that are placed in the css-subdirectory, as explained in the help 'TreeMenu -> Advanced -> Formats'. With these files you are able to change all formats according your wishes. To make changes in these files you should use a text-editor (e.g. notepad) and not a word processor (e.g. word or open-office). There are the files menu.css (for the menu-frame), treemenu.css (for the treemenu section inside the menu-frame), config.css (for the configuration-section inside the menu-frame) and default.css (for the right frame). You should look to the items 'color' or 'background-color'. I commentated these files to ease your understanding and usage. If you need further and in-depth informations about stylesheets you may visit http://www.selfhtml.org.

Your second question concerning a redirect on my help-page when the frames load: I did not implement such a redirect when the frames load. Please check the changes you made in your files. If you are not able to find the reason, you might send me your menu-system (with all related files) and i might look what the problem caused.

Was this reply useful for you?
Best wishes
Hans
Your forum admin

Multiple Problems

Post by Guest »

Hi again.

Yeah I checked all .css files, and opened in Notepad, but still couldn't pin point it.

If you like, your more than welcome to have a look at the website.. to see how its done..

The website is:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/brad.kje ... me%20Page/

All the files are stored very much how you setup.

To log in via FTP:

ftp://brad.kjeldsen.... (crippled by Hans)

I'd very much appreciate your help.
Hans
Site Admin

What to change

Post by Hans »

Hello,

i checked your files. To adjust the background-colors as you want them, you should alter:

in 'css/treemenu.css' from

Code: Select all

.TreeMenu {                                                      /* General   */
  font-family     : Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
  font-size       : 11px;            color           : #000000;
  white-space     : nowrap;          background-color: #BBBB99;  }
to

.TreeMenu {                                                      /* General   */
  white-space     : nowrap;          background-color: #FFFFFF;  }
and in 'css/config.css' from

.Config {                                                          /* General */
  white-space     : nowrap;          background-color: #BBBB99; }
to

.Config {                                                          /* General */
  white-space     : nowrap;          background-color: #FFFFFF; }
For security reason you should not provide links in a forum to your website allowing ftp-access. Thus i crippled your ftp-link to avoid foreign manipulation of your site.

Thanks, and i hope this helps.
Hans
Your forum admin

Re: Thankyou

Post by Guest »

Hans wrote:Hello again?... you didn't say who you are.

To your first question concerning the background color: All colors and styles are defined in the *.css-files (Cascading style sheets for formatting) that are placed in the css-subdirectory, as explained in the help 'TreeMenu -> Advanced -> Formats'. With these files you are able to change all formats according your wishes. To make changes in these files you should use a text-editor (e.g. notepad) and not a word processor (e.g. word or open-office). There are the files menu.css (for the menu-frame), treemenu.css (for the treemenu section inside the menu-frame), config.css (for the configuration-section inside the menu-frame) and default.css (for the right frame). You should look to the items 'color' or 'background-color'. I commentated these files to ease your understanding and usage. If you need further and in-depth informations about stylesheets you may visit http://www.selfhtml.org.

Your second question concerning a redirect on my help-page when the frames load: I did not implement such a redirect when the frames load. Please check the changes you made in your files. If you are not able to find the reason, you might send me your menu-system (with all related files) and i might look what the problem caused.

Was this reply useful for you?
Best wishes
Hans
Hi Hans, how are you?

I just wanted to say a very big thankyou for all your help in the past few posts, I really appreciate your patience and your assistance.

My name is Bradley, so you know. :D I've finally finished configuring your TreeCode to my liking and i'm really impressed with the ease of how easy it is to use, and how easy to change.

If your interested, you can view it in action in the page I was working on.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/brad.kje ... me%20Page/

But thankyou very much for your assistance, it's great.
cynocation@gmail.com
Hans
Site Admin

Post by Hans »

Hi Bradley,

I'm well, thanks for the question and I'm happy to hear your satisfied with TreeMenu. Also thank you for using TreeMenu and don't hesitate to ask again, if there are any questions open.

Hans
Your forum admin