Support guidelines and contact offers

Forum rules and infos
Forumregeln und -informationen
Hans
Site Admin

Support guidelines and contact offers

Post by Hans »

To provide you the best informations and help i offer my support through:

1. Help files: All provided sofware contains comprehensive help files explaining the principles and all commands. So usually most of your questions can be solved by simply reading the help. I tried to keep the focus to minimize your efforts and to optimize your learning curve. Especially TreeMenu is an extremely open software with numerous options for your usage. E.g. you can use TreeMenu with or without frames, create a tree dynamically via php and/or from a database and much more. Thus it is impossible to explain all cases in the help system, which is designed for general public. Continuative informations helping you to understand the underlying and commentated javascript-code and/or explaining css, php and databases can be obtained from http://www.selfhtml.org.

2. Forum/Discussion: To provide additional and individual help i installed the forum. Please help to keep the forum useful and read/search the help and the forum before you send a new post. I also kindly ask you to provide a meaningful subject and to keep the focus on your problem. Any questions, suggestions and hints are appreciated as they help the community as well. To enable quick reply and help, the forum is configured to immediately email me all new post.

3. E-Mail: If you are hindered to use the forum, you may contact me via email. Please read/search the help and the forum before sending me an email. I really would like to offer individual email-support for everyone, but because of several thousands of users and due to my restricted time it's not practicable. Thus you should explain me in your email why you by-pass the forum. I also kindly ask you to respect that my main profession is civil engineering and that my primary responsibility is for my clients in job.

4. Messenger: For urgent problems requiring interactive support you may meet me through my messenger identities. Please read/search the help and the forum before messaging. Usually my messenger identities are not active and you may have to send me an email, asking me to log in. Due to the intrusive character of messaging, you should explain me why you need help through this kind of support. If I'm logged in, I usually provide urgent support and I'm not waiting for foreign chat contact. I prefer meeting real people instead of virtual identities.

I hope, the above guidelines are beneficial and sufficient for us all. Any comments or suggestions to enhance the support and/or to minimize our expenditure of time are greatly welcome.

Yours
Hans Bauer
Your forum admin